Friday, June 14, 2013

The bucket


Do you have a bucket list? 

 I've had a secret bucket list for almost a decade.  I don't know why I felt so silly about it.  

I have often felt like a lot of the things on my list weren't worthy of a bucket list.  As if something important to me needs validation from someone else.  The crazy thing is....I don't have to do the same thing as everyone else.  I don't have to like the same things, or value the same things as everyone else.  I'm trying to start living my life the way I want to.  I'm no longer focusing on being the person I think others want me to be.  It sounds like a DUH,  Mandy kind of thing, I know.  It just hadn't occurred to me that I was not living authentically.  I remain a work in progress.

My bucket list (in no particular order) written in 2004
Live to be 30 (I truly thought...my whole life... That I wouldn't live this long) 2012
Make a difference
Go back and visit Australia
Shop at Ikea  2013
Become a published author
Stand behind a big waterfall
Treat a homeless family to a fancy dinner
Visit Canada
Hit a bullseye with a long bow
Visit the International House of Prayer
Buy dinner for a young military family
Visit the Smithsonian
Visit the library of Congress
Learn to sew 2010
Learn to knit 2012
Kiss my husband on a covered bridge
Work in a soup kitchen
Go on a cruise 2006
Visit Amish country
Save a life
Make a quilt
Read 500 books in a month 2009
Watch a live Broadway show
Take my daughter to see the Nutcracker ballet
Learn about and create art
Walk through the redwood forest
Meet Beth Moore
Drink coffee in Seattle
Grow my own food
Have my own Etsy store
Learn a new language
Fly in a helicopter
Do a zip line
Hike to the top of Pikes Peak
Visit Ellis Island
Visit Italy
Take my children to the creation museum
See the northern lights
Christmas in Colorado with my beloved and children









No comments:

Post a Comment